distriktOnline estate agents for South Shields
Are you searching for houses for sale or looking to sell property in South Shields? Well, distriktOnline – a South Shields estate agent can help you find, buy or sell property in Tyne and Wear and the North East.
If you need a knowledgeable, fair and personable estate agent in South Shields then you should talk to distriktOnline, the online estate agent. We’re extremely motivated to find houses for sale in South Shields and we’re experts in selling homes online.
Whether you’re looking to sell your home or buy a house for sale in South Shields then distriktOnline can help. We can also tell you anything you need to know about the area so you can be sure you’ve made an informed decision.
To find out more about distriktOnline, visit our website (embed link), SEND US AN EMAIL HERE, or call us on 0191 500 9561
Talk to distriktOnline if you’re thinking of buying a house or selling your home in South Shields
The coastal town of South Shields is well-known for being at the finishing line for the annual Great North Run, the world’s biggest and most successful half marathon. It’s not just those with an athletic bent that flock to the town though.
South Shields has some of the top-rated beaches in the country for cleanliness, as well as a coastline that is enjoyed by thousands every year in all weathers.
Mostly a commuter town, South Shields offers excellent transport links to Sunderland, Newcastle, Gateshead and the whole of the North East, with several Metro stations, bus routes and main roads in close proximity.
As a suburban area set away from the main cities, property in South Shields is often offered at exceptional value. Get in touch with us today to find out more.
distriktOnline have trawled through Rightmove (May 2016) to identify some of the most desirable, average priced and investor/first time buyer properties you could expect to find in South Shields.
We’ve broken this down into flat/apartment, semi-detached, detached, terraced house and bungalow for each of these categories.
The Top 5 properties in South Shields are…
- Westoe Village | NE33-3 | Flat/Apartment | 3 Bed | £329,500 Asking Price | £85,017 Average Price
- Beach Road | NE33-2 | Semi | 5 Bed | £379,950 Asking Price | £188,951 Average Price
- Cleadon Towers | NE34-8 | Detached | 5 Bed | £564,950 Asking Price | £280,516 Average Price
- Westoe Village | NE33-3 | Terraced | 5 Bed | £850,000 Asking Price | £157,190 Average Price
- North Ave | NE34-6 | Bungalow | 4 Bed | £450,000 Asking Price | £175,345 Average Price
The Top 5 Properties in South Shields based on average asking price are…
- Hyde Street | NE33-3 | Flat/Apartment | 2 Bed | £80,000 Asking Price | £85,017 Average Price
- High Meadow | NE34-6 | Semi | 3 Bed | £179,950 Asking Price | £188,951 Average Price
- Meldon Ave | NE34-0 | Detached | 3 Bed | £239,950 Asking Price | £280,516 Average Price
- Wharton Street | NE33-3 | Terraced | 2 Bed | £123,950 Asking Price | £157,190 Average Price
- Vernon Close | NE33-5 | Bungalow | 2 Bed | £129,950 Asking Price | £175,345 Average Price
The Top 5 properties for investors and first time buyers in South Shields are…
- John Williamson St | NE33-5 | Flat/Apartment | 2 Bed | £30,000 Asking Price | £85,017 Average Price
- Chaucer Ave | NE34-9 | Semi | 3 Bed | £53,000 Asking Price | £188,951 Average Price
- Troutbeck Way | NE34-9 | Detached | 3 Bed | £199,950 Asking Price | £280,516 Average Price
- Ebor Street | NE34-9 | Terraced | 3 Bed | £69,950 Asking Price | £157,190 Average Price
- Hillcrest | NE34-8 | Bungalow | 1 Bed | £89,950 Asking Price | £175,345 Average Price
Schools in South Shields
South Shields has some brilliant schools. Here we provide a list of schools in South Shields both at primary and secondary level.
Primary Schools in South Shields
St. Bedes Voluntary Aided Roman Catholic Primary School is a mixed gender school in South Shields where 90% of pupils achieve Level 4 in maths, reading and writing. Ofsted has given this school a score of 1.
Hadrian Primary School in South Shields sees 75% of pupils achieve Level 4 in maths, reading and writing and has an Ofsted report score of 1.
Marine Park Primary School in South Shields sees almost 90% of pupils achieve Level 4 in maths, reading and writing and has an Ofsted score of 1.
Westoe Crown Primary School in South Shields is a mixed gender school for 3-11 year-olds with an Ofsted score of 2.
Laygate Community School in South Shields is a mixed gender school for 3-11 year-olds with an Ofsted score of 2.
Secondary Schools in South Shields
Harton Technology College in South Shields is a mixed gender institution for 11-18 years-olds and has an Ofsted Score of 1. It’s well above the national average for pupils achieving GCSEs grade A* to C and almost 90% of students get three or more A levels.
Mortimer Community College in South Shields is a mixed gender school and college for 11-16 year-olds. It has an Ofsted report score of 1.
Bamburgh School in South Shields is a mixed gender school in South Shields for 3-16 years-olds. It has an Ofsted report score of 2.
Park View School in South Shields is a small Ofsted 2 rated school for 11-16 year-olds.
Home to a huge amount of diverse restaurants and eateries not to mention a multi-award winning fish and chip shop anybody who lives in South Shields is spoilt for choice should they choose to dine out. There are also any number of cosy pubs and real ale bars to head to afterwards should the mood take you.
Elsewhere in town you can find the Customs House theatre home of the hugely popular annual panto while the sea front plays host to a series of free summer music with previous acts including The Lightning Seeds, Billy Ocean and the late, great, Johnny Cash.
Sell my house in South Shields
Talk to distriktOnline today if you need help selling your house in South Shields and if we can’t sell your home then you won’t have to pay a penny when you opt for the exceptionally low introductory offer of £695 inc VAT on any property.