Find properties with distriktOnline – your online estate agents in Jarrow
If you’re buying a new home or looking to sell property in the Jarrow area of South Tyneside then distriktOnline – the online estate agent for Jarrow could offer the key to getting the right deal for you.
If you’ve decided to sell your home in Jarrow and are looking to buy a house in Jarrow or South Tyneside then we can show you houses for sale and flats for sale to suit all tastes and budgets.
Our fees are fair and flexible and our team is extremely knowledgeable so if you want to sell your house online or view property in Tyne and Wear then get in touch.
Get advice when buying or selling a home in Jarrow with distriktOnline
Originally part of County Durham, Jarrow officially became a part of South Tyneside in the late 1970s. Earlier than that however, St. Paul’s Monastery in Jarrow was the home of the Venerable Bede, a monk and scholar who is widely accepted as being the greatest Anglo-Saxon scholar and the father of the written English history.
A town with a rich history and fierce spirit, Jarrow was the starting point for the Jarrow March (or Jarrow Crusade) in 1936, when 200 residents marched to London in protest against poverty in the region.
If you’d like to know more about the region before looking for a house for sale our team will be happy to fill you in!
Let’s take a look at some of the great properties in Jarrow and see where the best streets in Jarrow are.
distriktOnline have trawled through Rightmove (May 2016) to identify some of the most desirable, average priced and investor/first time buyer properties you could expect to find in Jarrow.
We’ve broken this down into flat/apartment, semi-detached, detached, terraced house and bungalow for each of these categories.
The Top 5 properties in Jarrow are…
- Grange Rd | NE32-3 | Flat/apartment | 2 Bed | £84,950 Asking Price | £66,448 Average Price
- Eagles Cottage | NE32-5 | Semi | 4 Bed | £350,000 Asking Price | £132,901 Average Price
- Wood Terrace | NE32-5 | Detached | 4 Bed | £600,000 Asking Price | £253,114 Average Price
- Bede Burn Rd | NE32-5 | Terraced | 5 Bed | £210,000 Asking Price | £122,324 Average Price
- Wood Terrace | NE32-5 | Bungalow | 3 Bed | £210,000 Asking Price | £162,604 Average Price
The Top 5 Properties in Jarrow based on average asking price are…
- Stothard St | NE32-3 | Flat/apartment | 2 Bed | £54,950 Asking Price | £66,448 Average Price
- Barnard Grove | NE32-3 | Semi | 4 Bed | £125,000 Asking Price | £132,901 Average Price
- Sherburn Grange | NE32-5 | Detached | 3 Bed | £220,000 Asking Price | £253,114 Average Price
- Edith Street | NE32-5 | Terraced | 3 Bed | £119,950 Asking Price | £122,324 Average Price
- Coquet Street | NE32-5 | Bungalow | 2 Bed | £159,950 Asking Price | £162,604 Average Price
The Top 5 properties for investors and first time buyers in Jarrow are…
- Russell Street | NE32-3 | Flat/apartment | 2 Bed | £44,950 Asking Price | £66,448 Average Price
- Chillingham Terrace | NE32-3 | Semi | 2 Bed | £69,950 Asking Price | £132,901 Average Price
- Valley View | NE32-5 | Detached | 3 Bed | £159,950 Asking Price | £253,114 Average Price
- Maple Street | NE32-5 | Terraced | 2 Bed | £61,950 Asking Price | £122,324 Average Price
- Gloucester Way | NE32-4 | Bungalow | 2 Bed | £112,950 Asking Price | £162,604 Average Price
Schools in Jarrow
Wondering about schools in Jarrow? Here we take a look at the secondary and primary school options.
Primary Schools in Jarrow
St Bede’s RC Primary School in Jarrow sees 83% of pupils achieve level 4 in reading, writing and maths and has an Ofsted score of 2.
Jarrow Cross CofE Primary School is a mixed gender school for 4-11 year-olds. It has an Ofsted score of 2 and 85% of pupils receive Level 4 in maths, reading and writing.
Dunn Street Primary School in Jarrow is a mixed gender school for 3-11 year-olds and meets the national average for children achieving Level 4 in maths, reading and writing. It’s Ofsted score is 2.
With an Ofsted score of 2, 89% of pupils at this school achieve level 4 in reading, writing and maths.
Secondary Schools in Jarrow
With an Ofsted score of 2, 42% of pupils at Jarrow School achieve 5 GCSEs graded between A* and C.
With an Ofsted score of 1, Epinay Business & Enterprise school in Jarrow is a mixed gender institution for 4-18 years-olds.
With an Ofsted report score of 2, Hebburn Comprehensive is a mixed gender school and is well above the national average for pupils achieving 5 GCSEs between C and A*.
As well as being in close proximity to other towns in South Tyneside and within reach of the North East’s biggest cities, Jarrow is home to Bede’s World, a museum which celebrates the life and times of the Venerable Bede. The museum is currently closed although it is hoped that with a swell of support on social media it could reopen soon.
Sell my house in Jarrow
The distriktOnline team of internet estate agents are on hand to help you sell your home in Jarrow. The area is desirable amongst commuters and we’re confident we can help you find a buyer. However, should we not manage to sell your property, then you won’t pay any of our fees when you choose the distriktOnline introductory promotion.
Contact us if you have any questions about buying or selling property in the North East…