When you sell your home you will want to do everything possible to create a positive impression of the property for potential purchasers. One of the most effective ways of doing this is by creating a set of photographs that captures the attention of property buyers and creates the type of positive first impression that is likely to make them want to see more. Because photographs play such an important part in the marketing of a property it is essential that you produce images of the highest quality that really showcase your home and give it the edge over all the other available properties in the area.
For that reason, many property owners and estate agents engage a professional photographer to produce a portfolio of photographs to assist in their marketing campaign.
As property experts in Newcastle, North Tyneside, South Tyneside and across the wider North East we can give great advice on how to show your home in its best light. We also offer a deluxe photography option to our flexible straightforward pricing options to help you sell your home.
The benefits of using a professional photographer
There are a number of real benefits of using professional photography to sell your home, including the following:
- Professional photographers utilise the best quality equipment, including DSLR cameras with a variety of lenses. This equipment enables them to take perfect pictures of the interior and exterior of your home and sweeping landscape images. The effects that can be created by this type of equipment simply cannot be equalled by a standard narrow angle lens or a camera phone.
- A professional photographer will be more able to produce an accurate depiction of the size of your home and its individual rooms. Photography that makes a room appear larger than it actually is will irritate anyone who comes to view the property and may well cause them to withdraw their interest.
- A professional photographer is able to assess the lighting in the property and, if necessary, can use lighting equipment to eliminate any dark corners in the rooms of your home.
- An experienced property photographer will be used to preparing a home for taking images. Also known as “staging”, this preparatory process is designed to show the home at its best. It can also be used to create a “real-life” effect. This type of preparation includes temporarily moving items of furniture, placing lamps and flowers on tables and laying a table for a meal.
- Once the images have been taken they need to be processed in order to perfect them before publication. A professional photographer will have the required photographic software to help in the sharpening/softening of the images and in eliminating any imperfections.
The first thing that most home buyers look for when trying to identify the type of property that they hope to invest in are the images that form an essential part of its marketing package, whether this be in the sales brochure or online. Purchasers now expect to see multiple property images to enable them to decide whether to make a physical visit to the property. As a consequence, greater emphasis is now being placed on the quality of the photography that creates the images.
For the reasons set out above, the most effective way of attracting the interest of a potential purchaser through the images of your home is to engage the services of a professional photographer. It may well make that vital difference that helps you to achieve a sale.